The Journal of the National Association for Alternative Certification (JNAAC) publishes quantitative and qualitative research on nontraditional teacher preparation. In addition, JNAAC includes feature articles by practitioners with a focus on nontraditional teacher preparation, including recruitment, selection, preparation, support, and retention. The journal is published on the Open Journal System (OJS) at www.jnaac.com.
JNAAC is published twice a year (Fall and Spring) as a service to and resource for NAAC members and the greater educational community. Access to the current and archived issues of the journal is open and free.
To register with JNAAC, go to www.jnaac.com and click the Register tab.
Call for Manuscripts
Manuscripts may be submitted for review at www.jnaac.com. All manuscripts are double-blind peer-reviewed. To submit a manuscript you must register with JNAAC as an author and a reader. Submissions are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Submission Guidelines: Authors should ensure their submission’s compliance with all of the following items. Submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file format shoud be Microsoft Word ONLY.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. The text should be no longer than 25 pages, not including references. The manuscript should adhere to the Sixth Edition APA format.
- The submission should include an abstract of no more than 250 words. Following the abstract, list up to five keys.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Call for Reviewers and Copy Editors
NAAC is seeking additional reviewers and copy editors for the journal. To be considered, send a letter of intent and curriculum vitae to Managing Editor Brian R. Evans at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.