Elections for NAAC executive officers are conducted by mail. In 2018, the Secretary will be elected. The Secretary will serve a two-year term from April 2018 through April 2020. The Nominating and Elections committee is accepting nominations through Friday, March 2. Nominations must be made using the downloadable Nomination Form and must be signed by the nominee. The ballots will be mailed to all NAAC members on March 5 and the deadline for returning ballots is Monday, April 2. The winner will be announced at the NAAC Membership Business meeting during the annual conference at the Red Rock Resort, 11011 W. Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada on Friday, April 6 at 8:00 – 8:50 am.
Elections for regional directors take place during the regional meetings on-site at the annual conference. This year, Regions 2, 4, and 5 will hold elections. Nominations may be made using the downloadable Nomination Form. The form must be signed by the nominee and submitted to NAAC by email or mail on or before Friday, March 2. The Nominations and Elections committee will develop a slate for each position and the slate will be announced prior to the Regional meeting during the annual conference. However, nominations may also be made from the floor during the regional elections. The regional meetings will take place on Thursday, April 5 at 11:15 am – 12:00 noon.
Information on NAAC Board positions is available in the Bylaws.
- Attend all Board meetings, both virtual and face-to-face, or notify the Executive Director or President of inability to attend.
- Chair or serve as board liaison on at least one Standing Committee each year.
- Attend the annual conference.
- Identify possible sponsors, donors, and contributors.
- Serve as “ambassador” for NAAC; develop full knowledge of NAAC philosophy, operations, and administration.
- Keep current on trends and emerging practices and needs of NAAC.
- Cover expenses of attending board meetings and annual conference (a request to utilize institutional funds is the responsibility of the board member).
- Oversee recording, preparation, distribution and presentation for approval of minutes of all Executive Committee and Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Preside over meetings in the absence of the President and President-Elect.
- Serve as chair of the Membership Committee.
The Regional Directors are a vital component of the operation of NAAC. They provide the key linkage between the Board of Directors and the State Representatives. Effective communication between the Regional Directors and the states in their regions is essential. There are five (5) regions that make up the membership of NAAC.
Region 1: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
Region 2: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
Region 3: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas
Region 4: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia
Region 5: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, DC
- Serve on the Board of Directors and attend all Board meetings and the Annual Conference. This includes approximately eight virtual meetings and two or more face-to-face board meetings.
- Establish rapport with and serve as a resource for State Representatives.
- Communicate to members in the region through the State Representatives, at a minimum of four times per year.
- Enlist new State Representatives as needed.
- Present recommendations of program activities to Executive Committee and to the full Board.
- Submit reports on regional activities to President and Executive Director.
- Write articles, if warranted, for newsletter about programs and special events.
- Help build membership within the region.
- Facilitate Regional Meetings at the annual conference.
- Encourage and support establishment of state affiliate organizations.
- Serve as a committee chair or liaison.